By now, brands and businesses understand the importance and the need to include online marketing to their overall marketing strategy but the problem is that it seems like a huge number of them are doing it WRONG!
Unfortunately, the lack of understanding, planning and commitment is leading businesses into social media failure!
- 30% Online Customer’s questions or compliments get no reply
- 71% Complaints on Twitter are NOT responded to
- 82% of all of the Facebook pages have less than five wall posts per month ( Recommend.ly)
Keep in Mind:
- 77% Customers read brand posts but don’t comment
- 17% Comment and share experiences
- 13% Post about your brand
- Of the 29% of customers that were contacted, 83% liked that they got a response and were satisfied with it
To be successful, social media campaigns need consistent daily attention which requires committing resources and time. There are no short cuts to actively listening and building relationships with customers!
The good news is that there’s a lot of room for improvement which also means great opportunities for those businesses who will take the time to understand social media marketing and use it more strategically.