Hi, my name is Genevieve…and I’m addicted to social media! That’s right, I admit it!
I’m not certain exactly what makes people get hooked on social media sites, I’m sure it’s different for everyone. Perhaps it’s friendship, the opportunity for self-expression or just for something to do.
How do you know if you’re addicted to social media? Answer a few of these questions and see! Don’t forget to give us your answer in this week’s poll below.
- You check your Facebook status before your morning coffee.
- You share pictures of your dinner on Instagram and proceed to also post it on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
- You Tweet about a current earthquake instead of taking cover.
- You wake up in the middle of the night thinking of a great post for your Facebook Page.
- You update your status or Tweet on the toilet.
- You refresh your Facebook newsfeed more than once within 45 seconds to make sure you don’t have any new notifications.
- You have a Pinterest board for every one of your favorite animals.
- You check-in on Foursquare at the hospital when you/your wife go into labor.
- You participate in Tweetchats every week.
- You call your friends “peeps”.
- You spend more time talking to your Facebook or Twitter friends than your own family.
- You have an Empire Avenue account.
- You have a tantrum when you see the fail whale.
- You get excited anytime you have a Retweet.
- You can Tweet your life story under 140 characters.
- You update your status while driving the kids to soccer.
- You sleep with your phone under your pillow so that you can check you social networks during the night…just in case.
- You have the Google+ app on your phone.
- You have Twitter parties.
- You go into social media withdrawals and get very “edgy” when you’re on vacation without internet connection.
If you answered yes to more than 3 questions, you’re probably well on your way to becoming a social media addict!