Author Archives: Genevieve Lachance

Some would say that I'm a little obsessed about technology, the web & social media! I would say that I'm more "passionate" about maintaining the pulse on the newest trends and tools. I work with small businesses and entrepreneurs to optimize their business using technology and leveraging the internet. My focus is primarily online and social media marketing, training and support.

Facebook Timeline Covers: Just Asking!

UPDATE: Seems like Quipol is not longer with us. RIP Quipol! Last week, I discovered this great tool called Quipol which allows you to ask simple one question polls to find out your audience’s opinion on practically any topic. This gave me the idea to start weekly polls which is called “Just Asking“. I will use this…

20 Clever Ideas to Help Promote Your Social Media Presence

You’ve created profiles across several social media platforms and you think, “now what”? How do you get people to find and follow you? Gaining followers may take some time but here are 20 ideas to help you promote your social media presence and speed up the process. Include your profiles in your Email signature (use…

Facebook Timeline Cover Tools to Unleash your Creativity

On December 15 2011, Facebook announced the worldwide release of the new Facebook Timeline profiles. In my opinion, the most interesting part of this new release is the huge space on top to add a cover picture. The new Facebook Timeline covers allow users to be creative in expressing their personality and can be used…

Pinterest: My New Love

Since I’ve discovered Pinterest, I have become an avid “pinner”. It didn’t take long for me to get hooked and like many others, I’m probably spending too much on the site! Pinterest has seen impressive growth in audience size and time spent per user with an increase of 512% (time spent per user worldwide) between May 2011 and…

Mobile Marketing 101

This is a guest post by Dawn Collea Stark from Aimee Mobile Marketing, a mobile communication company and leading experts in the field of mobile and online marketing. Today over 90% of America has a cell phone and 60% of them have phones that allow them to use the internet. Phones are the one thing we…

How to Backup your Facebook Account

According to comscore.com, back in 2007, social networking represented about 1 out of every 12 minutes spent online, while today it accounts for 1 out of every 6 minutes spent online. Facebook’s average U.S. visitor engagement has grown from 4.6 hours to 6.3 hours per month over the past year which demonstrates how social networking…

Cool Tool Review: Tumblr

Tumblr has been gaining popularity lately so I wanted to check it out for myself. I played around with it and I am testing its features and benefits to see if it is worth putting my energy and time into a new platform. You can check out my new Tumblr Blog My Faves On The…

Facebook Settles Over 8 Counts of Privacy Violation

The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) reached a settlement on privacy with Facebook Tuesday (November 29, 2011) over 8 counts of privacy violations. Among them: sharing users’ personal information with third parties without their knowledge or consent, changing privacy practices without informing users, and claiming to have a program to verify the security of apps when it didn’t….

Cyber-Safety tips for safe surfing

Cyber-safety is a big issue these days. As the web becomes part of our daily lives, we all need to pay closer attention to what we do online. From social networks to our email accounts, all are potential targets for scams, fraud and cyber attacks. Here’s a message I recently received on Twitter from one…

Stay in Touch Systems: Create Trust and Increase Business

Just 4% of people will be willing to do business with you the very first time they hear about you and the other 96% will do business with you only when trust has been established (http://www.socialbuzzclub.com). Generating new leads is often what most small businesses will focus on. But what you do with those leads…