We can’t deny Facebook’s popularity and growing trend over the last few years. Having an active Facebook page can help your business gain incredible visibility. It allows you to connect and communicate with your prospects, customers and community where a great number of them hang out on a daily basis.
So here are some numbers and Facebook statistics you might find interesting.
(This great video was created by Alex Trimpe)
Growth of Facebook
Mark Zuckerberg and co-founders Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes and Eduardo Saverin launch Facebook from their Harvard dorm room
Facebook reaches nearly 1 million active users
Facebook reaches over 50 million active users
Facebook reaches over 100 million active users
According to Social Bakers, the number of Facebook users reached around 700 million worldwide
General Facebook Statistics
- 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
- Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
- About 70% of Facebook users are outside the United States
- There are more than 250 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
Facebook for Business: What you should know…
- On average, Facebook posts with 80 characters or less have a 27% higher engagement rate yet only accounted for 19% of all posts (Buddy Media).
- Brands that posts on Facebook outside business hours has 20% higher engagement rates (Buddy Media)
- On Facebook, engagement rates are 18% higher on Thursdays and Fridays than other days of the week (Buddy Media).
- Facebook engagement rockets up on Sundays but Brands posts only account for 5% of all posts (Buddy Media).
- Put a simple “where” or “when” or “would” question at the end of the post — you’ll get 15% more engagement than if the question is buried in the middle.
- According to Buddy Media, to be most effective ask your audience directly to “Like” or “comment” on your posts.
- According to the available research, no more than 20% of brand posts get through Facebook algorithm and into the news feeds of your friends. iMedia Connection
- 96% of Facebook users never return to a fan page once they’ve clicked the Like button. BrandGlue
- For every 200 comments on a status update-199 come from fans interacting in the News Feed…only ONE from a fan commenting on the page itself. BrandGlue
- Did you know that only 50% of Facebook users think marketers are welcome participants” on Facebook (imediaconnection.com). This means that people don’t want to hear your sales pitch! The top reasons a consumer “like” brands on Facebook:
1. Promotions and coupons
2. Advice or support
3. Exclusive information
Are you using Facebook as a marketing tool for your Business?
Connect with me on Facebook