Here’s a tool that you need to leverage! Facebook tagging, allows you to identify and reference people in photos, videos and notes from your page or/and personal profile. It’s a great way to let people know who and what you’re talking about.
Include the “@” symbol before as you type the name of who you would like to reference, a drop-down menu will show which will allow you to choose from your list of friends, Pages, groups, events and applications.
Friends you tag in your status updates will receive a notification and your post will also show on their walls. They will have the option to remove tags of themselves if they wish.
- You want to share news or information that you believe would interest or benefit a specific Page, Person or Group.
- You want to help spread the word of someone else’s work or news.
- It gives you the capacity to interconnect and expand your network.
- Others who will see your post might also want to connect with you as you’re presenting yourself as a person of value.
- It is a faster way to spread your message around other networks.
- You can’t use tagging in a comment (only works in your status update).
- Offer value and be relevant.
- NEVER spam or promote yourself when tagging.
When used strategically, tagging can be a great method to cross-promote with others on Facebook. Just be certain to use tags in positive ways.
NOTE: You will only be able to tag the people who have their privacy settings setup to permit it.